Get rid of love handles for Good!
Rid love handles from your life by making sure you do what’s needed! Don’t know what you should be doing? Well you are not alone as there are millions of women who are looking for answers on how they can get those love handles to just go away. Don’t get caught up in silly games or tricks thinking that they will help you lose your love handles.
The term rid love handles is a heavily discussed topic on the internet. The tough thing is finding a good source of helpful info. I do my best to locate helpful articles and post them on my site. While cruising online I found a good article on Ezinarticles.com. If you have a few minutes, take the time to read this one.
How to Get Rid of Love Handles
Love handles are a growing problem (pardon the pun) for many men and women these days. Love handles is basically a nice way to describe the fat that accumulates on each side of waist.
Media Deception about Love Handles
Many people are unaware or misinformed on how to successfully banish those annoying love handles. Abdominal machine manufactures know people’s desperation and play upon this heavily. Once you receive the product you will notice in the fine print of the accompany booklet that a healthy diet should be used with the item for optimal results. Obviously!
Bodybuilders in the past never relied on fancy gadgets to get that desired six-pack. It has always been, and will always be about nutrition, cardio, and abdominal training.
Three Elements that Help to Rid Love Handles
The accumulated fat that widens your waist never seems to dissipate no matter how many crunches or how much abdominal work you do, right? I can let you in on some little secrets on how to rid those saddles that have been weighing you down.
Step #1 – Since love handles are an accumulation of body fat, you have to clean up your eating habits. For some people this will be simply omitting the obvious junk food and for others it will require lower calories. Others will reap benefits from carb-rotation. Most of all, quality nutrition is the ultimate key.
Step #2 – Increase your cardiovascular exercise. I’m not suggesting hop on the elliptical and tear into it for two hours a day. Simply increase what you are currently doing a small amount, and challenge yourself weekly.
Step #3 – Train your abdominals. Abdominal work will strengthen the muscle under the fat. With the addition of developed abdominals comes increased circulation, and can aid in burning fat indirectly.
Abdominal Training Techniques – The Do’s and Don’ts
The Don’ts for Ab Training
Don’t Twist – Twisting from side to side with a stick or anything in this category can widen your waist.
Don’t Do Side Bends – Side bends, weighted or not, can add size to your waist, making it thicker.
Don’t Do Hanging Leg Raises or Knee-Ups – These do not even come close to targeting the lower abdominal as many believe. These actually work the sartorius muscle that runs down the leg.
Don’t Add Resistance Unless You Genetically Have a Small Waist – Some people can add resistance to their crunches (rope crunches), if their waist is genetically small. Those who lack natural symmetry and have blocky shapes should avoid abdominal resistance.
Ab Exercises to Do
Forget all the fancy abdominal variations that leave you more confused than when you began. Focus on these four ab exercises and you will target the entire abdominal muscle fully.
1. Stomach Vacuums – The stomach vacuum is an effective exercise for working the ab muscles that are rarely targeted. Stand upright and pull your stomach in and hold it there for as long as possible. Repeat three times.
2. Lying Pelvic Lifts – Lie flat on your back and put your legs in the air so that your body is in the “L” position. Slowly, and in a controlled manner, raise your hips off the floor an inch or two, and then return to starting position.
3. Modified Crunches – Lie on the floor with legs crossed Indian style and crunch.
4. Elbow to Opposite Knee Crunch – These target the obliques. Lie on the floor with knees in bent position and crunch your elbow to the opposite knee.
Once you get your diet in gear, omit the exercises that can widen your waist and incorporate the effective abdominal exercises, you’ll be on your way to a slimmer waist in no time.
Copyright 2006 Karen Sessions
Karen Sessions has been in the fitness industry since 1988. She is a nationally qualified bodybuilder and holds two personal training certifications. She has written 6 ebooks on fitness and has helped hundreds of clients transform their bodies. http://www.theelitephysique.com
So rid love handles is a complex subject and although this article is a good place to begin your research, I suggest you go to other sites for more info. So my hope is that you now know more about this subject after reading this article. Another suggestion is to go to GOOGLE and type in the term losing love handles, to get even more info.
Incoming search terms:
Before and After of My Wife
Recommended for Women
- Getting Back In The Swing
- How Soon is Too Soon For Losing Weight
- Getting into Writing Mode – Welcome Back
- WHAT WHAT WHAT – WHAT is BACK!!!
- Wonderful Fitness Tips That May Help You Buy Your Perfect Physique
- Reaching Your Workout Goals With Some Straightforward Advice
- Fitness Designed Straightforward By Using These Basic Steps
- Change Your Physique With One Of These Excellent Physical fitness Tips!
- Fitness Does Not Need To Be So Time Intensive
- Methods For An Effective Exercise Program