Is Arm Flab Your Worst Nightmare?
For many women having arm flab is just as bad as belly fat. Not only does it stop you from wearing a lot of the clothes you would love to wear but it also makes you feel unsecure about yourself. I see so many woman doing are exercises in hopes of getting rid of their flabby arms but this is not the quickiest or most effective way.
Many women think the key to arm flab is all about the correct exercise and workout. The fact is there is one element that is more important then both. Here is a short that goes a little into how to get rid of arm flab.
How to Tone Up Flabby Arms
When you are overweight, fat is stored in several areas of your body. Men typically store fat in their mid-sections while women store fat in their thighs, buttocks, and hips. Flabby arms can occur in both men and women. There are ways to tone up the back of the arms but before you get started, there are some important points to consider.
You Cannot Spot Reduce the back of the Arms
There is no such thing as spot reduction for any part of the body and this is important to know. Even if you did push-ups until the cows came home, you would still have flabby arms if you did not reduce your overall body fat. Don’t waste a lot of time with exercise unless you adjust your diet – which leads to the next important point.
Body Fat Reduction is Key
When you have a layer of fat surrounding your muscles, there is no way for tone and definition to appear. You must adjust your diet by cutting back on high fat, high calorie, junk foods and focus on healthy foods like fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and good fats (EFA’s – essential fatty acids.) No exercise plan in the world will work for you unless you change your eating habits for the better. Find out what a healthy body fat percentage is for you and work towards it. Only then will all of your hard work exercising pay off to rid yourself of the flab in the back of your arms.
Useful Arm Exercises
Once you have your eating habits in check, the next step is to work on some useful arm exercises which focus on the tricep. The stronger you become with your tricep exercises, the back of your arms will begin to tighten up, and you’ll be closer to your goal of losing the flabby arms.
- Push ups – These are great for toning up the back up the arms. If you’re out of shape, you can even do them on your knees.
- Tricep dips – You can use your own body weight or lean your hands on some type of ledge like the seat of a chair.
- Dumbbell exercise – You will only need one dumbbell which you hold with both hands behind your head. Focus on your tricep muscles with each repetition by lifting the dumbbell up and down.
- Tricep rope pull-down – You will need to do this at a gym unless you have the equipment at home. You can usually find the rope attachment near the arm machines. You grip the rope with both hands, with your arms close to your sides. As you pull the rope downward, you pull your hands away from each other. This is one of my favorite tricep exercises and you can really feel the burn.
To wrap up, remember: you cannot spot reduce the back of your arms and healthy eating habits are so important to reduce your body fat percentage. Only then will the arm exercises you perform really begin to pay off!
If you’re interested in learning more about losing fat the natural way in order to tone up the back of your arms, visit Exercises to Get Rid of Flabby Arms to learn more.
Get the most out of fitness! Learn some of the most effective ways to lose weight and get into better shape by visiting Eartha’s fitness blog at www.tryingfitness.com
There you have it in a nutshell simple steps to help you get rid of arm flab. The main thing to focus on is your diet as you have to lose weight all over to get rid of arm fat.
Incoming search terms:
Before and After of My Wife
Recommended for Women
- Getting Back In The Swing
- How Soon is Too Soon For Losing Weight
- Getting into Writing Mode – Welcome Back
- WHAT WHAT WHAT – WHAT is BACK!!!
- Wonderful Fitness Tips That May Help You Buy Your Perfect Physique
- Reaching Your Workout Goals With Some Straightforward Advice
- Fitness Designed Straightforward By Using These Basic Steps
- Change Your Physique With One Of These Excellent Physical fitness Tips!
- Fitness Does Not Need To Be So Time Intensive
- Methods For An Effective Exercise Program